On 2010/09/27 17:34, Cheryl Rothwell wrote:
> What does "Core" and "Core +" mean in the address fields? I searched
> for it in Help without success. Ditto the index to the printed
> manual.

I found this in the Help File - press the Help button when the window
shows the Core and Core+ fields.

Selecting a Location

As you scroll up and down in the list and highlight specific lines, the
location on that line is filled into the two main core fields at the top
of the window, Core and Core +.  The Core field shows the regular
location name as found in the list.  The Core + field adds any other
location pieces that were attached to the incoming place name.  For
example, let's say that you were looking at a person's Individual
Information screen and the Burial location field contained Hilltop
Cemetery, Benton City, Benton,. (Notice that there is no state or
country name.) After clicking the Geo Location List icon at the end of
field, the Geo Location Database window appears with Hilltop Cemetery,
Benton City, Benton, Iowa, USA in the Core + field and Benton City,
Benton, Iowa, USA in the Core field.  The Core + field has the
non-standard Hilltop Cemetery kept in it.  But notice that the state and
country have been filled into both locations, and notice that there are
two locations down in the list, one in Iowa, USA and one in Washington
USA.  Because the top location in the list is highlighted, its pieces
have been filled into the Core + and Core fields.  Now lets assume that
you know that the correct location is in Washington.  When you click on
the Washington location line down in the list, the Core + and Core
fields change to include the state of Washington and USA as the country.
Hilltop Cemetery is also retained in the Core + field.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry