On 11/15/2010 2:33 PM, Ron Ferguson wrote:
> [...]
I did a test using the following applications:
MS Notepad, MS WordPad, MS Word, MS Excel, OpenOffice, Thunderbird and Adobe
Photoshop Elements 7 .
1. I opened a new file and didn't make any edits.  Click the "X" and all the
windows are promptly dismissed.
2. I made changes to a file and they all offer to save, discard or CANCEL when
you click the "X" to close.

Just my two cents worth:  I would suggest this is what most users would expect
when clicking "X".  Legacy should follow their lead and not do a automatic save.
  AND should also offer similar options after an edit when CANCEL is clicked.
Laird