From: Bill Wood [mailto:steamingb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 6:25 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Same people duplicated in tree

Hello,

Would the following scenario be allowed in Legacy ? At the moment I have these
people in as separate people with separate ID numbers - but really they are the
same people.

So the question is will I corrupt my Legacy database and get my ID numbers
confused if I try to have this sort of "inbreeding" ?

Two cousins A and B  born in 1800 - quite naturally they share  the same
grandparents C and D

These cousins marry people called X and Y  and produce offspring.

After 3 generations one of A's descendants marries one of B's descendants they
produce a child called Z.

In Z's family tree the people called C and D will show up as 7g grandparents in
both the paternal and the maternal lines in the tree .

The more I think about it the more I believe that this should be quite common
in smallish towns dominated by a few family names - ie some of the fishing
towns in Aberdeenshire and Banffshire - I have had a go at sketching the lines
below - Lets see if it turns out as I intend.

                                                                     Pa
                                                     Cousin A         Grandad
Wood (C)
                                            gggg                  Ma
                                      ggg          Spouse X        Granny Wood
(D)
                         ggparent
             Gparent
   Parent