Hi Sandy,

> I did read how you could make one computer a master copy so that you could
> not overwrite that copy with less information, but could import just the
> updates you had worked on the other computer. It was in the monthly emails
> but I cant seem to find it.

Do you mean the Legacy News newsletter?  Its archive is at
http://news.legacyfamilytree.com/legacy_news/archives.html - perhaps you
can find it there.

Another thought has occurred to me, reading all the posts today.  You
could have your master file on a jump drive, and whenever you access it
backup to the computer that you're using - and if on that computer you
directed the backup to the Dropbox folder, it would be automatically
copied to your other computer when it was online, so both computers
would have all the backups - if one crashed and was unrecoverable, the
latest backup would still be safe on the other machine.

Kind Regards,
Wendy