From: Kathy Jones [mailto:ka...@flyingneedle.ca]
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:16 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Customize internet searches

I am working with the instructions provided by Bobby Johnson to add customized
searches.   Of course I had to run into a snag.

If you want to add Find My Past as a customized search, there doesn’t seem to
be a way to add the search strings for given and surnames.   If I try to use
the search box as in the instructions by adding names, the url I receive is
http://www.findmypast.co.uk/XdbSearchCountServlet  That doesn’t allow me to
enter the names and have an automatic search at Find My Past.

Does anyone know how to add Find My Past as a custom search engine?

Thanks.

Kathy Jones

Flying Needle Machine Embroidery

 <http://www.flyingneedle.ca/> http://www.flyingneedle.ca