Paul,

In going back to FTM 2008, I discovered a deeper problem that I may
need to remedy before deciding what to do about the issue in my
original post. When I upgraded from an earlier version of FTM (I don't
remember which version) to FTM 2008, I failed to properly link the
media files before discontinuing work on my family tree. That was two+
years ago. When I returned recently, I was exposed to Legacy and
decided to convert. Fortunately, my database is reletively small (750
individuals) as is the media file (178 items).

In the process of following your advice, I discovered a more complete
version (names rather than just numbers) of FTM media that I may just
link to manually when time allows. In any case, looks like I've got
more work to do to complete the conversion process. Thanks for the
advice.

Bill