Well, Helen, it was worth a try. :-)  Perhaps some sort of
speech-to-text device might help you.  I was able to view
the text of Geoff Rasmussen's voice delivery from one of the
webinars a few minutes ago when I played back the Real
Player video and recorded the voice with Dragon Dictation on
my iPhone.  The problem with that "solution" is that it's
not a real-time transcription, though it's pretty accurate.
There are also programs for the PC such as Express Scribe,
that allows voice input to be transcribed to text, and
Windows from XP on up has speech recognition built it, which
allows dictation, but it's very awkward to use.  There
should be a simple software switch to throw that provides
real-time captioning for voice on our PCs.  The technology
is not unknown.  If I find anything I'll let you know.

John Zimmerman
Mesa, AZ