The recent discussions on shared events prompt me to send a note I
have been holding for while......

            Family Group Sheets / Individual Sheets

I tend to use FG sheets for most of my research and have some issues
with how they are laid out in Legacy. I wonder if anyone else has had
these issues and if they have a solutions or suggestions they would
share.

1.  Birth, baptism, and death are the big events in life and they are
prominently captured at the top of the sheet. But the notes for same
are stuck way at the end, after other events.   The standard
"events/facts"  that you add keep everything together...data and
notes.  I like the latter.  Seems odd that we do a better job on the
less important things. (The individual chronology report actually does
a better job of sorting, I think.)

Does anyone routinely use separate Events for B, B,and D so that they
print chronolgically with the rest of  the events?  Is there any
drawback to doing this (I haven't done much with the other reports
yet, or putting files on the web, so don't know what I may regret
later.) I have no problem with showing the birth date at the top of
the FGS and in the first event as well.

2.  In an individual report, the marriage data is buried with parent
data.  I would prefer to show the marriage as an individual event that
sorts chronolgically. I know it would repeat for both H and W in a
FGS.

But adding a new Marriage event would print in two event places on the
FGS, the standard Legacy marriage events in another after the wifes
events, and the marriage notes way at the end. This seems really odd
to me, but I may miss something.   Any better ideas?

3.  I guess the general question is "Joint events" like census for
husband and wife....do you repeat them in the FGS as individual
events, or let them print as marriage events, in a weird place, as
Legacy does.  Or is there another way?

 I know 3 has been discussed before, but if you have a better way to
do 1 and 2, I'd like to hear what you think on 3.

Perhaps someone has a Legacy "template" they would share, or can point
me to another generator of FGSs that I could export to.  Some other
programs seem to sort better but do not  handle event notes very well.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Dick