Should further folders be set up for city, town, cemeteries etc. where there
are a lot of images for the county?

* * *

I would personally never store mine the way Geoff does because I would never
find a thing that way.

I concur with Kathy on this one. I find that if you do even a minor
reorganization of your folders then getting Legacy to relink the photos can be
a hassle. Therefore, I break my folders down as simply as possible - Documents
for scans of documents or Pictures for digital pictures. I have a couple of
sub-folders for collections that I obtained from other people or special
photographs like cemetery photographs but the folder structure is rather
simple. I do, however, make the name of the file as descriptive as possible:

LASTNAME, Firstname(s) - Description, date

or

State, County, City - Description, date

If the subject is a person, I use the first model and if it is an object I use
the second. By capitalizing the last name, I know that the subject of the file
is a person. If it is a group photograph, I use the last name of the person
whom I am most interested in. I also know that someday I may regret not adding
country to the locations but so far it hasn't been a problem.

Anyhow, this is the same convention that I use for photographs that I take
unrelated to Legacy. Whether I move the pictures to a jump drive, a CD, mail
them to a friend, just by sorting by name the files are organized.

-Jack