From: Bob Vary [mailto:oldcro...@optonline.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 1:03 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Legacy Help files that are nt very helpful!

And you're correct about the need to read the entire topic.  The point I was
trying to make is that the average user simply doesn't, and the writers need to
take that reality into account.  When analysts and programmers design menus and
screens and then write documentation and help files, they need to think like
users.  Legacy is actually better than most applications when it comes to
usability, and I'm impressed that at least some of the tech support people such
as yourself actually use the program.

You mention consistency.  There should be consistency not only in help files,
but throughout an application in the way functions and menus work.  There
should be design standards.  This is one of my problems with Legacy.  But
that's another discussion and I think we've beaten this poor dead horse enough.

Bob