I too put EVERY name variation I find in the AKA fields.  This is for research
purposes.

michele

From: atlant...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 7:18 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Name Variations

I agree with those who do not take the label "AKA" literally. When I hover the
cursor over the AKA icon, the sticky note that appears reads "add or edit other
names or spellings." I enter any variation that may have any value to me or
others down the road.

Just recently I figured out that in Ireland -- at least when and where my
family comes from -- the baptismal records are in Latin, not English. I also
figured out that Owen, which was my great-grandfather's name, is the Welsh
variant for the Latin "Eugenius". You bet I recorded Eugenius as an AKA even
though no one ever called him anything but Owen. But his church records are all
under Eugenius. However, minor scrivener's errors which are patently obvious I
do not record.
-Jack