From: Dennis M. Kowallek
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:16 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy file organization

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 19:32:30 -0600, Leon Chapman <chap...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>They appear to be heading toward a fee based system with all their limited
>access restrictions.

I don't know if this is true, but I for one wouldn't mind paying a small
fee for the convenience of accessing the digitized records from the
convenience of my home. I used to pay $5 plus per FHL film and had to
drive 12 miles each way to be able to view films once a week for only 2
hours with no ability to make a copy (except if I used my own digital
camera).

I used to pay for Ancestry.com too, but have recently dropped my
subscription because I am finding enough info available for free on the
web to keep me busy. I will probably re-up my subscription to
Ancestry.com late 2012 once the 1940 U.S. Census starts to get indexed
sometime next year. (Maybe I need to get to work on a modification to
the "Advanced Tag Living" LTool to only tag individuals who appear to be
"heads of households".)

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools/index.htm

NOTE TO LUG USERS: Use plain text if you want me to read your post.

Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on
our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).

-----
No virus found in this message.