On 03/08/2011 22:38, Joan Kemp wrote:
> How can you change the name of a source from 'Unspecified'?
>
> I have set up a new master source as a template for the information
> contained on a standard birth certificate.
> I have called it 'Birth certificate template' but it would be nice if it
> weren't listed as 'Unspecified'

Unspecified is not the name of a Source.  It is the name of a field that
you can enter a Source in if you so wish.  If you have a Source in the
Unspecified field on someone's record you can simply delete it.  On the
person's Assigned Sources screen, click on the Unspecified field to
select it and click Remove.

> And how do you remove sources you'll never need, such as LDSB (whatever
> that might be)????? - you can always re-create then if eventually needed.

Either you have created this Source, or you imported it with data from
someone else.   Provided no person has that Source attached to them you
can simply delete it from the Source list.  (If it is attached to anyone
you will need to Remove it from their Assigned Sources first.)  To
delete it, open the Master Sources List, highlight the unwanted Source,
select Options and click Delete Master Source.

--
Jenny M Benson