Carl said:
> <<  Legacy's other big drawback is the difficulty of splitting off family
> groups -
> its somewhere between very cumbersome&  impossible.>>
>
> I think that Legacy has great ease in splitting off family groups.

I have to agree with you, Carl.  It's very easy to extract a particular
branch of your family tree when you know your options.  :-)

My personal favourite is to save a copy of my family file, unlink the
people I don't want to include from the people I do want (unlink the
unwanted parents from the wanted child, and the whole rest of the family
group is taken care of, for example).  Then use the Tree Finder to
identify all the trees in your (copy) file, tag the unwanted branches
and delete them.  Now you're left with the one tree that contains the
people you do want, ready to continue with whatever the purpose of your
exercise is.

I don't think I've been particularly eloquent here today, but I've
described it in more (better?) detail before, so check the archives if
you want to know more.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Wendy