Dennis,

Sorry it has taken a while to get back to you but I have been at the Local
History Library where I had a machine booked for a project I am working on.
I have also split the subject of the topic to try and separate out our
discussion from the others.

I have not fully absorbed the information which you have given, and all may
become clear as I work through it. However, some points do spring to mind:
your upload and download speeds are pretty much the same as mine, my
Pedigree pages are between (roughly) 10 and 15KB per page and I have the
sources on each page. Because I have a load of stuff in the same folder I do
not know the actual total size but I would think around 110 MB.

I am not clear what type of pages to which you refer  - Pedigree or
Individual. At one time I used the latter for my One-Name pages with the
default of 10 names per page, which I later increased, but I cannot check
the size of these, as I no longer have any on my PC. I would be grateful if
you could clarify what page is meant by :
" I just created a new web page and found something strange between
this one and the original I created.  The new page is on 20.4MB vs 3.42GB."
This is absolutely massive for one page!

Brian's comment is very relevant, and it is a technique which I use if
everything seems to be slow. Similarly when uploading I suggest that you
shut down your browser and email client, and close as many programs as
possible. What is your FTP program btw.?

Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk