From: Anne Hollingshead
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 2:06 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Getting rid of commas

Ron,

The benefits I find are ease of use.

If I have many entries for the same town/city ( I am not hung up on what a town
is or how big it is I just use common usage)

I put

Liverpool, , Lancashire, England
Liverpool-9 King St, , Lancashire, England
Liverpool-St Peter's Church, , Lancashire, England

This way when I enter a new Liverpool location I immediately go to

Liverpool, , Lancashire, England

from there I click on the arrow and can check if I already have an entry for an
address for that town. If not I quickly create a new one selecting and editing
e.g. Liverpool, , Lancashire, England

When I go to the location list I have all my entries for each town together.

I have quite a few farm names or farm settlements so

Longtown-Oakbank, , Cumberland, England

I use the third position for counties or states whichever is relevant to that
country.

When I sort I can immediately see e.g. all my Cumberland entries.

I use the second position for suburbs in large cities.

Camberwell, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

It works for me.

Anne