Thanks Ron.  There was a ghost marriage.  Don't know how it got there, and
at first the icon for her parents showed just 1, but later it showed 2, so I
unlinked the ghost marriage.  Still don't know how it got there because I
hadn't done anything with my wife's line for quite some time.  But all is
back now.
Thanks