On 20/09/2011 00:44, Tony Rolfe wrote:
> It is the 1911 UK Census from findmypast.co.uk and The files come as
> some strange name.jpe and I save them as "1911 Census (Mnnnn)" where
> nnnn is the MRIN for the marriage (all files are saved in folders "Mnnnn
> his name and her name").

I use Firefox as my browser and the Standard Viewer in FMP.  When I
click on "Save image to computer" I have Irfan View (a free program)
selected as the Default for opening the file.  Perhaps this option to
open in another program without saving first is only available in
Firefox, I don't know.

Having the image in Irfan I can straighten and crop it as necessary,
then save it in the format of my choice - which is .jpg - and convert it
to greyscale in doing so, which is a big saving of space.  (A coloured
image really isn't necessary.)

--
Jenny M Benson