> I am about to use it to add on my research that I did for her, but before I
> do so, does anyone know how to annotate any changes that I make to the file
> with my name, purely to separate it from her own work?

There are a couple of ways of doing this, or something very similar.

Firstly, when you import a gedcom you are given the option to
Autosource.  This way you can create a Master Source to be assigned to
all the records which you import.  If you haven't yet done anything with
your newly-created file you might want to go back and start again, using
Ausosource.

Secondly, you could add a Master Source to the Unspecified field (top of
the list on the Assigned Source screen for each Individual that *you*
add to the database to indicate that these were the result of your research.

It may be that you want to add more information to individuals imported
from the original gedcom and "mark" this as your own research.  In that
case, you could use the Comment field of the Master Source or Source
Details for each Source that you cite.
--
Jenny M Benson