From: Duncan family
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 2:47 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] 2 entries or 2 DOB for one entry

Hi

Recent research has revealed that a line of ancestors may not be as previously
thought.

1.    Scotland:-  a John Ferguson Duncan was born on 6 July 1828 in
Campbeltown, Scotland, the second child of Dunlop and Jean/ Jenn Duncan, and
christened on 7 July 1828 in Campbeltown,   Scottish census records show Dunlop
Duncan to be a Painter.

John Ferguson Duncan does not appear on Census data after 1841.  I have found
no other records (including emigration / shipping) after 1841.

2.    Sydney, Australia:- a John Ferguson Duncan (according to newspaper
articles) died in 1873, aged 39, which puts his birth around 1834. John
Ferguson Duncan’s death certificate lists his father (Dunlop Duncan) as a
Brewer.

I am a new user of Legacy (v 7.5) and have inherited Legacy data from my mother.

My question is:  Should I create 2 separate John Ferguson and Dunlop Duncan’s
entries or one entry for each and make notes on discrepancies.

Regards

Stuart