Cheryl:

Here is the steps that will get what you want:
1.  Position yourseld to person you want ancestors for in the Family View
2.  Go to advanced tagging (Ctrl+T) (hold CTRL key and hit t)
3.  Clear all Tags for Everyone
4.  Select Tag # to use (Normally Tag #1)
5.  Select Ancestors
6   Use Direct Line Ancestors, Include other Spouses, Include Siblings
7.  Select OK to tag Ancestors with Tag 1
8.  Close taging and get back to Family View
9.  Go to File, Export to Legacy File (assuming you want to use Legacy)
10.  Give the file a user name and remember where you save it (should
be saved at C:\Legacy\Data\
11.  Under Options Tab, select "All records with individual Tag #1
(unckeck boxed 1) Export all spouses of tagged individuals, 2) Export
all Parents of Tagged Individuals -- you already did that in steps 3-7
above).
12.  Click Start the Export

When finished, you can open this new file using Legacy by doing File
Open Family File.

It will have all of your Legacy information but only the people that
had Tag #1 -- Ancestors.

This seems like a lot of steps, but it is pretty easy.

You can also create a GEDCOM file the same way but change Step 9 to a
GEDCOM file.

Hope this helps.
Chap

___