I am not sure that it is possible to do everything you ask because I do
not see this as an either/or re the information each of you contributed
to the file. There will probably be a lot of info that you both have.
You will however be able to source all the info in his GEDCOM to him.

When you are importing the GEDCOM into a file there is the option to
assign a Master Source to the data coming in from the GEDCOM. There are
two options. You can assign the source once to each person as an
unspecified or you can assign the source to each piece of data contained
in the GEDCOM. Using the second option you can link your cousins data to
each piece of info in his GEDCOM. After you have merged his file with
yours the merged individuals will have his GEDCOM as sources for the
data in his GEDCOM. Information without his source will be the info in
your file that he did not have.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.