På Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:37:10 +0100, skrev Robert  E. Carneal
<kentuckygenealog...@gmail.com>:

> *Can you make a sort based on *part* of the header? If you can, do what I
> do- have it look for "LegacyUserGroup" in the header- that hardly ever
> changes.

The problem is that in Opera it is all automatic when filtering mailing lists.
It uses several different header fields to do this, and List-Id apparently
takes presedence when present.
I can of course make my own filters and get them filtered/tagged, but they will
still be identified (and filtered) as mailing lists. One new list for each
mail!!
In Opera nothing is moved into folders, but just tagged, which means that a
mail can have many different tags, and hence "be in many different folders" at
the same time.
This usually works very well, and much better than the normal folder-filtering
systems I've used before. I can now have a mail, mailinglist or not (and even
newsfeeds, usenet, RSS), tagged with 'Important', 'work' etc at the same time.
Earlier I had to choose a folder to put the mail into, and make copies if I
wanted it filed into more than one folder.
I've used Pegasus for many years, and then I had to make my own filters for
mailing lists. Then I could filter on whatever I wanted in the headers.

The problem is that Legacy is using a standard header field, List-Id, in a
non-standard way.
IMHO they shouldn't do that!
And it should cause no problems for other subscribers if they change the
List-Id content to standard, ie a unique, static list-name.

Thanks!

Bjørn K Nilssen - b...@bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas