Hello Listers
When I started using Legacy 4 I created a family file for the following
Myself and all my ancestors
My wife and all her ancestors
So we are both linked in the same family file

In addition I input any person with a name that I was researching  if it was
in the same locality
The result is about 2000 names in the same Family file

I now find it time consuming when trying to locate a person in the  Index or
Name list
For instance I have about 150 Patrick Devines in the locality of Manchester,
England

Is this the correct way of using a family file?
Should I put the ones that are not connected to me in a separate family file
called STRAYS not connected?
I welcome any advice
Regards
John