I don't know whether this applies only to the UK or also to other countries.

Many of the locations in my family tree come from the General Registry
Office indexes of Births, Marriages and Deaths; these locations identify
only the Registration Districts which have names usually based on one town
within the district.

I enter these locations into my Legacy database by adding RD after the name
of the registration district (to avoid confusion with the smaller area/place
with the same name).

This generally works well except for mapping - the geo-location mapping
facility in Legacy doesn't recognise these locations.

Does anyone have a better system for naming locations which are Registration
Districts?