From: Michele Lewis <ancestor...@gmail.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Wed, March 21, 2012 8:23:04 AM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Call me stupid but

I am still trying to get the WWI draft registration citation correct.  I am
using the correct template now.  In the last detail box where you put “citing…”
It still won’t format correct because in Evidence Explained part of that
particular field is supposed to be in italics.  Of course Legacy can’t just
italicize part of the field because it doesn’t know which part so it doesn’t
italicize any of it.  I will have to override that part.

However, my bigger problem is this.  Evidence explained wants the serial number
and the order number (and that is written in the instructions inside the box in
Legacy).  I am looking at a draft card (version A from the first draft).  There
are FOUR numbers written on this card.  Upper left corner right next to Form 1
is the number 89 (there is no blank for this, it is just written off to the
side).  At the upper right corner it does have a blank.  The blank is labeled
“No.” and 6 is written there.  On the back the number 23-2-24-A is stamped that
the top and 268 is stamped at the bottom.  I haven’t a clue which is the serial
number, which is the order number and what the other two numbers represent.

The citation also calls for the Draft Board number but I don’t see that at all.
It has
Precinct – Purvis
City or County – Lamar
State – Miss