Terry,

You're nowhere close to having too many individuals in the Family
File. I've seen Family Files with hundreds of thousands of
individuials, even one with over 1 million!

The only limitation is the actual file size which should be no bigger
than about 1.5 GB to avoid problems.

I would not be concerned about splitting at this time.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree