Peggy,
Based on what I've read here over the years, whenever one of us who does a lot
of research in the US starts talking about trying to fit US locations into the
"4" mold, and may or may not mention a non-US example, someone from outside the
US will comment in this fashion.  Nothing against them!  But, don't worry about
it.  Based on what I've read of your posts, you are trying to stick with the "4"
plan for US locations, and then you plan to enter into the non-US realm with an
open mind about how those locations may or may not "fit."  I think you will do
fine. ;)

On the other hand, I don't think you will be able to totally avoid any re-work.
 It's the nature of the Legacy program that you are not going to find out
everything it can do for you until you are well into using the program.  The
best advice I've seen (and given, if I may say so!) here is to enter a couple of
items one way and see how it turns out in various outputs; then try it another
way & check output; etc, until you see what you like.  Then forge ahead!

Also, please note that when I began I used the "book" reports almost
exclusively, so only checked how things looked in those.  In the past year or
so, I've tried to get more organized, and now I used the FGR the most.  So, when
you're testing, try even a couple of the "mainline" reports, even if you have
never used them before.
 --Paula

<snip>

Who is trying to impose it on the rest of the world? Legacy? The Family Search
People? That's why I'm confused. Who are these "powers" who are making the
decisions? And why does it matter? What effect will today's choices of entry, 4
or 9 or whatever, have on us later on?

<snip>