From: Suzanne Scheraga
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:44 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] need help with updating details of sources when they are
part of a master source

I'm having a very frustrating time trying to update my census record sources. I
have one master source for each census, and use detail entries for the
individual census pages. I want to have a transcription of the family related
text and a photo of the census page in each of these areas. Is there a way to
do this without copying the information to each individual's event?

For example, if there are six individuals listed on the census page, I want
each event for which I cite the source (occupation, residence, etc), to have
both a full transcription of the page and the image of the page. This might
mean at least 16 specific places I would need to go to update the source. I
understand that I can use the source clipboard to add a new version of the
source and then delete the "old" version. Is there a more efficient way of
accomplishing this?

I have purchased LTools but have not figured out if it can be used to make
these changes. Can anyone help?

BTW - I'm using the latest version of Legacy on Windows 7.

Thanks in advance,
Suzanne