NOOOOOOOO!  You can’t use the original source if you didn’t look at it
yourself! Well, you CAN but you shouldn’t.

Here is a great example.  Let say you find someone in a marriage index at
Ancestry.  You cite the INDEX.  You wouldn’t source it like a marriage
certificate.  I can’t tell you how many times I have requested an original
document after seeing someone in an index and when I actually got the document
the name was spelled differently or the date was wrong.  Your source for your
example would be either a Family Group Sheet, a GEDCOM or a manuscript
(whichever is the most appropriate) of the person that authored the family tree
you are looking at.  HOWEVER, what you can do is you can put a note in [ ]
after the citation explaining where the person states they got it from.  For
example, let's say I am sourcing a marriage date/place using someone else's
family group sheet:

Donald Anderson, "Family Group Sheet of Nathaniel Humphreys"; digital images,
"Anderson Family Tree," Ancestry (www.ancestry.com : accessed 09 Feb 2012) [Per
the author, Wilkinson County, Mississippi Marriage Book B, page 24].

I would not cite the marriage book and page unless I actually saw it.  However,
I DO want to document it so that I can get a copy of for myself.  When I do
that, then I will change the citation.

Michele