On 22/06/2012 03:26, JLB wrote:
> Sorry I didn't mention. Google Search is just a click away.
> http://www.jacobboerema.nl/en/Freeware.htm
> It's free. Basically it's a split screen. Open image in top half, type
> away in the bottom half.

Can't thank you enough for drawing our attention to this!  It is going
to be invaluable to me as I transcribe Wills for a genealogy society and
it is going to save me *hours*.  I just downloaded it and within minutes
I had transcribed 2 pages of Will!  (Mind you, it was one with very
legible writing!)

What I particularly like is that you can open a succession of images
while transcribing into one single document.

I tried a similar program once before but gave up on it as it was pretty
useless.

--
Jenny M Benson