I would suggest using the term "Ethnicity" as that would cover all
backgrounds besides just Caucasian, African, Asian, etc.  Scottish,
French, etc would be covered under ethnicity.

And please don't make the mistake of calling just *any* person of
African descent as "African-American".  A black person who was born
and raised and lives in Africa, England or any other country is *not*
an "African-American" <g>

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Jenny M Benson <ge...@cedarbank.me.uk> wrote:
> On 05/07/2012 19:28, Michele Lewis wrote:
>> I just realized there is no place in Legacy to record a person's race
<snip>