From: ArdenholmeGenealogy
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 9:14 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Same sex "marriage".

Hi Rich

I too would be interested to know how you have done it, just tried it myself
and was curious how you bypassed the restrictions on the automatic
male/female when you add the “husband/wife” to the person.

Ian, I wholeheartedly support you in that Legacy needs to be forward
thinking in including today’s society and not yesterday’s. I have many
friends who are gay and have been living with their partners for many years
that we no longer bat an eyelid to these things. One of those friends has
been researching his family history for over 30 years and it would be a real
shame if he came across Legacy (I’m sure others have) and finds that it
doesn’t support same sex relationships. If the Government accept civil
marriages, I’m sure designers and programmers at Legacy are too! ☺

Many thanks,

Jemima