I have over 230,000 in my main Legacy database and I "set relationships"
regularly for different people in the file.  Works fine.  Perhaps you have a
few people with circular relationships (they are their own descendant).  I
usually set the non-blood relationships to zero and the blood relationships to
5.  It takes about 2 minutes and 35 seconds.  While working the counter shows
just above the "Set Relationships" button.  Does your counter show any activity
or is it stalled at some point?
Ron Taylor