I take the VERY simple approach to citing death certificate.  The point is to
cite enough info so that a person could get their own copy if they wanted.
This is how my death certificates look like:

Mississippi State Department of Health, death certificate 3466 (1943), Jesse
Collon Simmons.
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, death
certificate 7216 (1927), Martha Francis Cheatham Wood.
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, death certificate 45570
(1977), Calvin Lemuel Simmons.
Louisiana Secretary of State, Vital Records, death certificate 2741 (1921),
Celie Crawford.
Texas Department of State Health Services, death certificate 1008 (1945),
William Hezikiah Summers.

I have a master source for each state that included the official title of the
agency that handles death certificates in that state.  The rest goes in the
details.  Mine is based on Evidence Explained but I left out the last part.

Here is mine
Mississippi State Department of Health, death certificate 3466 (1943), Jesse
Collon Simmons.

This would be Evidence Explained
Mississippi State Department of Health, death certificate 3466 (1943), Jesse
Collon Simmons; Office of Vital Statistics, Jackson.

I didn't think that last part was necessary  since it is very easy to find the
Mississippi State Department of Health.

Michele