I think most of us still know what an inch is. And if you don't just
call it one centimeter or one meter or one kilometer in your head. It
doesn't change the intent of what I said.

During the years when Canada was first switching from the antiquated
system to metric I was deathly ill and living in virtual isolation and
have still not caught up to the meaning of metric and I still translate
to antiquated measurements in my head because it's the only thing my
antiquated head understands.

The only way I can know what a meter is is that it's slightly longer
than a yard. Otherwise it would have no meaning to me.

Fortunately the speedometer in my car tells me the speed in mph
otherwise I would have no idea.

And so on and so forth.

Not a joke.
---
JL Beeken
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog/