> I was backing my tree up on a thumb drive and it worked fine. But now
> I am at a different location and I think I updated this computer to
> the new legacy and the laptop I travel with.
>
> I saw someone saying something about a Dropbox, what is that?

Dropbox is a "cloud" storage service.  The first 2GB are free, and you
can pay for more space.

https://www.dropbox.com/

You should take a look around at what people have said about using it
before making any decisions- it may or may not suit your needs. it's
been discussed here on this list plenty (click the link to the list
archive below), and Dick Eastman has written about it repeatedly.
http://blog.eogn.com/

There are other similar services around, SugarSync is one that comes to
mind.  Works a little differently, but the effect is much the same -
your files are stored on someone else's server.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy