I have the information entered correctly, with the "city" of  "Wythe Magisterial District" (again, per the census page) and the comma in the correct place.  I still got the error message even tho it was entered correctly.  MY question was why that error popped up, the Elizabeth City is in the County Verfiier list.  Marianne

-----Original Message-----
From: Sherry/Support
Sent: Aug 17, 2012 4:00 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Elizabeth City (a county), VA error message

Elizabeth City, VA shows in the USA County Verifier as being in existance between 1634 and 1952.

Make sure you have the location entered correctly as

<city>, Elizabeth City, Virginia

Or a comma in place of the "city" if you don't know the city.

It was merged into the city of Hampton in 1952.

There's no reference to it being renamed to Northampton in 1642.
Accawmack was renamed "Northampton" in 1642.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree