I think the intent is clear. There is a 50% chance that the person will be at
the specified location. This then allows you to filter out those individuals
who are unlikely (<50%?) to be in the country being searched.

The problem is without knowing what causes the percentages to drop and by how
much it is difficult to decide what value to set the cutoff at. Having said
that as per my previous posts if you put in a residence in another country the
percentage chance falls to around 10%. (That is, the programmers have decided
that if someone was in England in 1851 and then you find they are in Australia
in 1856 there is only a 10% chance they will have moved back and you will find
them in 1861 in England)

My main issue (and yes I have submitted a suggestion) is that the weight
appears too heavily to the children’s events. For example, if I had someone
living for 50 years in one location (say 1851-1901) but I can’t find them in
1911 but I do find their children in another country then Legacy will suggest
looking for the parents in that other country with a high probability (eg.
90%). I have been planning to set up a dummy file to play with scenarios such
as what if 3 children all moved to different countries what does Legacy suggest
then. When I do this I will post the results.

Hope this helps,

Gavin...