This would be something extremely hard to troubleshoot. I've had some
tags set in my file for years and they've never disappeared or changed
on their own.

The best thing to do would be as someone suggested - restore your backup.

I don't recall ever seeing something like this reported to Support,
but one of the other techs might have.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support