Reference:

1940 USA Census; Schuylkill County, PA; Pottsville City; Ward No. 4; Sheet
No. 3A

Question:

On referenced sheet we find a Theresa Meiswinkel and daughter Betty
Meiswinkel in House No. 311.  There are three other families in the same
House No., apparently renters of Theresa Meiswinkel.  Below in the
Supplementary Questions we find a Charles Meiswinkel who does not appear
elsewhere on the sheet.  This entry for Charles and the other supplementary
entry are not "filled out" by the census taker.  I have all three of these
names in my family but have not yet made a connection between them based on
their ages on this sheet.

I've checked the census sheets, two sheets before and after this one and see
no explanation.

I know this is likely a "conjecture" question but why does Charles' name
appear on a sheet where he is not shown as living in this group of homes?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.  Al Mieswinkel