From: Neil Allen
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:22 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Subsequent Citation

After trying everything that I can possibly think of, can anyone clarify how to
get a subsequent Citation to print?

I used the Source Writer to create a source.

On the Edit Master Source Definition page there is an Output Preview.

The Help file states:

“To the right of the input section is the Output Preview. As you enter the
information about the source detail, it is instantly processed and displayed in
three different formats so that you can see how it will look when included on a
report or book. The Footnote/Endnote Citation output is used for the first
occurrence of a footnote (at the bottom of each page where a source is cited)
or endnote (at the end of each generation, chapter, or book) on a report. The
Subsequent Citation is used in the same places as the footnotes and endnotes
but uses a condensed format that doesn't require as much room. The Bibliography
is printed at the end of a report and is a summary of all the master sources
cited in the report and is shown in alphabetical order.”

This is how my preview looks:

Footnote/Endnote Citation:

Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis, Genealogical
Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire (1928-1939) (Baltimore: Genealogical
Publishing Co., Inc., 1988).

Subsequent Citation:

Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis, Genealogical
Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire.

Bibliography:

Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis, . Genealogical
Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire. 1928-1939. Baltimore: Genealogical
Publishing Co., Inc., 1988

I have been totally unsuccessful in getting the Subsequent Citation to appear
as shown above. I am creating a Descendant Narrative Report and it always shows
the complete Footnote/Endnote Citation.

Does anyone have an idea what I am missing?