From: Ron Taylor [mailto:doit4...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, 27 September 2012 02:32
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Alt Name vs AKA

I believe that "Alt. Name" is created by LegacyFS when you pull an alternate
name into your Legacy file from nFS.  Same is true of "Alt. Birth", "Alt.
Death", "Alt. Burial".  There may be a few others.  The important thing to
realize is that those event definition names are hard-coded in LegacyFS.  If
you already have an "Alt Birth" definition (note the missing period), when you
pull an alternate birth from LegacyFS, it will not use your "Alt Birth" but
will insert the new "Alt. Birth" into the event definitions table.  If you
combine those, you would be wise to combine "Alt Birth" into "Alt. Birth" or
else that LegacyFS name will show up again next time you pull that data from
nFS.  The same is true of the other "Alt." names created by the LegacyFS
interface.
Ron Taylor