From: Wendy Howard
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:21 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Transfers from one data file to another

Hi Peter,

Let me see if I've got this straight...  you have one file, let's call
it MAIN.fdb which is your main working Legacy file.  The other, let's
call it OTHER.fdb, started out as a copy of MAIN.fdb and then was added
to.  Now you want the content of OTHER to be the content of MAIN.  Is
that right?

If that's the case, then I would simply rename the two files. Rename
MAIN.fdb to something else, maybe MAIN-OLD.fdb.  I'd do this rather than
just delete it, 'cos you might want to refer back to it one day.

Now that there is no MAIN.fdb file, you can rename OTHER.fdb to
MAIN.fdb, and you've achieved what you set out to do.

If that's not right, and there are people in OTHER than you want to
copy/import over to MAIN without copying/merging everyone, then there
are probably several ways to achieve it.  One would be to make a copy of
OTHER and edit out the people you don't want to copy/import, so the file
is left with only those you want to add to MAIN.  Then merge the two files.

Does that all make sense?  Do say if it doesn't, or I haven't understood
the situation correctly, so we can try to help you further.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy