Paula said, “Michele,  This post jumps out at me because I thought you were
working on certification (?) and needed to have the citations match the 'latest
& greatest'...?”

The BCG states that you have to use a citation format  but they don't say  it
has to be ESM's Evidence Explained.  You can use Chicago Manual of Style etc.
I absolutely love ESM.  She has been very helpful to me through her books and
personally.  She will be the first one to tell you that citations are more of
an art than a science and she has no problem with someone making adjustments.
I like  her first book "Citation and Analysis" better with some of the
citations.  They are more concise and  easier to read  but still contain all of
the essential information.  I write reports for the laymen when I do research
for  other people.  I need the citations to be  understandable to them.

Michele :)