Hi Brian,

I've just run an experimental test on my own database to try and emulate
what you're looking for, and this worked for me...

Look for: individual
Where: birth date
How: contains
What: 1965

AND

Look for: individual
Where: birth place
How: contains
What: auckland

... and this gave me a list of people in my database who were born in
Auckland in 1965.  I didn't specify country, I kept the search term less
specific, and it has picked up people with "Auckland, New Zealand" as
well as suburbs within the city.  (It would seem that I don't have
anyone born in Bishop Auckland, England, or anywhere else with
"Auckland" in its name in that year.)

Does this help?

Kind Regards,
Wendy