From: "gcr...@juno.com" <gcr...@juno.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Fri, October 12, 2012 2:12:40 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] What to do with genealogical files after death of compi
ler

<snip>
I personally knew of a situation where a friend and fellow genealogist who
helped me get started had all his research PAPERS (including correspondence
spanning several years) PITCHED when his 'loving children' thought he was on his
death bed. 40 years of meticulous gladiolus hybridizing records suffered the
same fate. He survived his "impending death" scare only to learn when he was
well enough to come home that his children had rented a dumpster, parked it at
the front door and got rid of all his "crap". He later told me he didn't have
one scrap of paper left to show for 40+ years of hybridizing OR genealogy. I
would have LOVED to have, at least been offered, the chance to pick through what
he had since we had a common ancestor.
<snip>