I have a couple of docs with difficult script, but there are, so far, a few
that were transcribed and I haven't found access to the newspaper or original
document (yet). So I'm not sure if the news article or the transcriber
mispelled and used incorrect punctuation. It just feels sloppy to me to leave
it that way. It's already in an image form, but I like to also have a
transcription of the image. I would likely be attaching it as the image in the
sources. The transcription if for my own use in narratives and notes. I still
am uneasy about changing the transcriber's worth though.

The same problem is found on Ancestry.com transcriptions. When they are wrong,
because you know it by your research, or, worse, you can see in the image it
was wrongly transcribed, then I'm not as hesitant to correct it.