For the last few days I have had a niggle, or to be accurate my mind has. It
started just after there was a post which asked why someone used Ancestors
Tagging instead of Descendants, to which I replied that they were different.
A piece of information which I had never really thought about. Last night,
over a contemplative pint, I realised that this information could be put to
use in selecting males for Y-DNA GEDCOMs as requested by, say FT-DNA.

Create a GEDCOM for Y-DNA:

Part 1

Select three unused Tags (or make sure that they are cleared) - I am going
to use 1, 2, and 3
Starting with myself
Go to Advanced Tagging and select Tag 1
Select Ancestors
Select Direct Line Ancestors
Uncheck "Include other spouses"
OK and then Close

Part 2

Starting with my oldest male direct line ancestor
Go to Advanced Tagging and select Tag 2
Select Descendants
Select Descendants  (includes all descendants)
OK and then Close

Part 3

Search>Find>Detail Search

1st Row

Individual: Male
Where to look: Tag 1
Equals
Tagged

AND

2nd Row

Individual Male
Where to look: Tag 2
Equals
Tagged

Now ensure that "Clear list before this search is checked" and then Create
List

Part 4

On the new screen click options then Advanced Tagging and select Tag 3
Select Everyone in Search List
Close

Part 5

Create GEDCOM selecting Tag 3 as the criteria.

Tested and verified today.

Enjoy!!

----
Ron Ferguson