Hi Pat

You may have received and answer by now, but in case you haven't, the
problem appears to be with the original paragraph, where there are some
codes between the words in some places that are not just the usual
"space". I don't know enough to identify what they are, but can see some
when looking in MSWord with formatting marks displayed (Options/Display
settings).

However what I do when copying text with possible formatting problems is
to paste into a text editer (Notepad) before copying and pasting into
more sophisticated programs that may use the rogue codes. You end up wth
only the text left in the "pasted" copy. That might help you here to
ensure the text is clean.

Cheers, Brett

B McL Robinson
PO Box 1252, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand